Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marc A Pfeffer
Dr. Marc A Pfeffer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brookline, MA, with another office in Boston, MA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pfeffer is affiliated with Miriam Hospital, Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Pfeffer has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Marc A Pfeffer has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marc A Pfeffer has the following 27 expertise
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Atrial Fibrillation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Diabetic Vascular Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
- Unstable Angina
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
Showing 2 of 2
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Pfeffer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Marc A Pfeffer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marc A Pfeffer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brookline, MA.