Dr. Marc J Richard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marc J Richard?

Not What I Was Hoping For!

Made appt. to see Dr. Richard of Duke Ortho for continued pain in forearm/elbow region of arm. 1st visit only a Fellow came into room and saw me, never did I see Dr. Richards. MRI ordered/conducted came back for follow up and to gain a plan on how we were going to deal with this situation. Again only a Fellow came into the room, never did Dr. Richard come into see me? MRI revealed 2 partial tears in the tendons and I was offered a cortisone injection into the elbow joint itself, declined because there was nothing wrong with the joint nor was that were the tears were. The overall lack of concern for my situation and lack of options visited was concerning at best. I am still dealing with this injury and have continued to seek out additional medical, rehab, and strength and conditioning specialist to heal and mitigate this situation (NOT DUKE). I do not have a strong nor high regard for Dr. Richards ability as a doctor or to come up with healing strategies, nor would I recommend his office to someone else.

a good doctor who delegated to an arrogant ortho fellow

had appt to see Dr. Richard. Instead, his fellowship trainee came into the room, spoke a little and left, saying he would be back with Dr. Richard. When he returned, there was no Dr.Richard. It was just this arrogant, know it all fellow who was so condescending that I was stunned. I had been to Duke Ortho several times before, had good reviews for them, and this happened out of no where. I was never given a survey or a chance to explain what happened until here. I think they didn't want me as a patient anymore. I am not demanding, am pleasant, and simply do not understand this behavior. I will not see another Duke ortho doc and I now discourage friends and family from doing so.

My issue is not necessary with Dr. Richard but with the physicians who are apart of his practice and who are deployed to fill in for him. They make light of your reason for coming in. If the reason for your visit does not rise to the category of surgery, then you are wasting their time.

Dr. Richard said- LET THERE BE LIGHT

Suffered over two decades with Carpal Tunnel in both hands. I had both surgeries 90 days apart, and it was as if someone flipped a switch! Dr. Richard is a true professional, bonafide and genuine . I truly appreciate all his time and efforts. It has most definitely made a huge difference in my life!

Amazing doc!

I had a ganglion cyst removed a year and a half ago and Dr. Richard was great! Barely a scar. He is very pleasant to deal with, listens to the patient. Very much a people person. Always smiling, very careful.

Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon

Doctor Richard is probably the kindest and most caring orthopaedist that I have encountered. He takes the time to really listen and to suggest options for treating your problem. His office staff is knowledgeable and efficient as well.

Dr. Marc J Richard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.