Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Marc Schwartz has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Marc Schwartz has the following 17 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc Schwartz - Posted on February 6th, 2016
Dr. Schwartz and his office staff were great. Everybody in the office was warm and friendly. Dr. Schwartz really spent a lot of time talking with our son and with us, and was really kind and support with his diagnosis and treatment recommendations. Our son really felt comfortable with Dr. Schwartz. I would definitely recommend Dr. Schwartz.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc Schwartz - Posted on October 9th, 2015
Dr. Schwartz is warm, friendly, and he listens
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc Schwartz - Posted on August 28th, 2015
To begin with, Dr. Schwarz's staff are so nice and easy to work with. They are always happy to see me and always try their best to accommodate my needs for scheduling, refills, etc. The office is very nice and warm environment with fun little fidget toys and interesting books for kids and adults in the waiting room. Dr. Schwartz is great. He really cares, and always apologizes if he is even just a few minutes late. He is very personable and quickly makes you feel at ease. He is smart and is always dosing cautiously with the medications as he tells me. He is easy for me to trust and for that, as well as the office environment, I highly recommend Dr. Schwartz
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc Schwartz - Posted on September 23rd, 2012
respectful of family's values and ideas, even if different from his
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc Schwartz - Posted on February 7th, 2011
My teenager really liked working with Dr Swartz and he helped him get a grip on reality in some of his most difficult months.Dr Swartz has spent a little extra time when needed to help our family and we never felt like we were just another patient. The lady at the front desk is warm and friendly which is a plus. One thing a parent is really concerned about when taking their child to a psychiatrist is that the doctor might have an influence on them in important subjects like values and spirituality, but Dr Swartz simply promotes family unity and encourages the child to support the family values while living in their home.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
12 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2006
Yale New Haven Hospital
Dr. Marc Schwartz Accepts the Following Insurance
- We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information. Please call Dr. Marc Schwartz's office for more information.
More about Dr. Marc Schwartz
For more information, please visit:www.arizonapsychiatry.com
Locations & DirectionsDR MARC SCHWARTZ DO, 1490 S Price Rd Ste 316, Chandler, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marc Schwartz, DO - Psychiatry in Chandler, AZ, in this video.
Dr. Marc Schwartz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chandler, AZ.