Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marc I Wittenberg has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 49
Dr. Wittenberg is excellent! He has a great bedside manner, listens and gives you options for your pain issues. He has helped address my pain tremendously! I never feel rushed during the appointments. He is very easy to talk with and accessible if you have any important questions or concerns between appointments. Doctors like him are hard to come by! He's a gem.
I love Dr. Wittenberg. He has great bedside manner and really wants to help ease your pain. Staff is fair & has varying level of kindness. Some are nice & others act like they're doing you a favor by helping you for services you're paying for. Be prepared to wait a long time for treatment. I didn't like the fact I got hit with a $300 drug test bill because they used an out-of-network lab. I love the doc so would return if I needed further pain relief. It would be nice if staff were more friendly & the place was a little cleaner.
If your just interested in drugs, this is the doctor for you. I've spent 5 years with chronic back pain and came to Dr. Wittenberg to discuss options. I was very clear about my intentions of discussing possible solutions and try to figure out what is causing my back pain and was not looking for drugs or surgery. After waiting an hour and a half he only spent 5 minutes with me. He barely listened to what I had to say and then recommended drugs. Which, if he was listening to me, I wanted to avoid. He did not discuss a plan or options. He left the office as I was still trying to figure out why he was leaving since we didn't have a "discussion" at all.
27 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Marc I Wittenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPain Care Associates, 799 Denison Ct Ste C, Bloomfield Hills, MI
Dr. Marc I Wittenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bloomfield Hills, MI.