- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marc A Zitin MD
Dr. Marc A Zitin has 2 locations
2050 W Chester Pike Ste 200
Havertown, PA 19083
Dr. Marc A Zitin has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marc A Zitin has the following 9 expertise
- Nutritional Support
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc A Zitin - Posted on October 17th, 2018
Arrogant and nasty.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc A Zitin - Posted on April 13th, 2017
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Lankenau Medical Center
Dr. Marc A Zitin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Marc A Zitin
Dr. Zitin was born in the area, growing up in Penn Valley and Wynnewood. He graduated from Harriton High School and went on to attend Middlebury College in Vermont. Dr. Zitin graduated from Middlebury in 1981 cum laude, with a Bachelor of Science degree, majoring in biology and minoring in modern European history, writing a thesis on the Weimar Republic in Germany. Subsequently, Dr. Zitin attended Hahnemann University Medical School and graduated in 1985. During his medical school years, Dr. Zitin worked with Dr. Joseph DiPalma, studying pharmacology in laboratory animals.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marc A Zitin, MD - Gastroenterology in Havertown, PA, in this video.
Dr. Marc A Zitin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Havertown, PA.