Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marcel D Thompson
Dr. Marcel D Thompson, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with other offices in Texarkana, TX and Houston, TX (and 1 other location). He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Thompson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Marcel D Thompson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Marcel D Thompson has the following 12 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
Showing 2 of 8
I came to Dr. Thompson when I was about 10 weeks pregnant for just an ultrasound since my other OB wouldn't do one on me till I was 24 weeks. This was my first pregnancy at 31 and I suffer from AD/HD and extreme Anxiety PTSD. Dr. Thompson took his time with me and answered all my strange questions. After that one visit I switched over and made him my OB. He even came an visited me in the hospital after my C-section. I am now pregnant again, and Dr. Thompson is the only person I trust. He doesn't rush you out of the office, and has let me cry on his shoulder several times when I was freaking out. If you need a Doctor, I highly recommend Dr. Marcel Thompson!
Dr. Thompson is freindly, courteous,compassionate,and patient. He always takes the time to address any issues that I have. He is careing and open minded and never makes you feel like a number. Many woman these days feel uncomfortable going to see a male gynocologist.That is not an issue when you see Dr, Thompson. If I could I would ask me to be our family doctor, pediatrician, and surgeon. He should desrve an award for his fine work in the city of Round Rock.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
23 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Marcel D Thompson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marcel D Thompson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Houston, TX.