Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marcel Zimetbaum
Dr. Marcel Zimetbaum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY, with other offices in Bronx, NY and Bronx, NY . He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Zimetbaum is affiliated with North Central Bronx Hospital, Community Hospital at Dobbs Ferry and Montefiore Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Marcel Zimetbaum has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Zimetbaum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Central Bronx Hospital
Community Hospital at Dobbs Ferry
Montefiore Medical Center
Dobbs Ferry Emergency Medicine Pc
Dobbs Ferry Pav of St Johns Riverside Ho
Montefiore Medical CenterHenry & Lucy Moses Div
Dobbs Ferry Community Hospital
Beth Abraham Hospital
Montefiore Medical Center - Moses Division
55 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1958
Dr. Marcel Zimetbaum accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marcel Zimetbaum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.