3.2

Have you seen Dr. Marci L Bowers?

Mark delivered Maizy & Marci delivered Clara

Marci, I think of you often, how wonderful you were before, during and after your transition. Much love to you. Susan Scott

Left me in limbo for almost a year

I really had a great experience with her during all of our pre-surgical appointments. Just after surgery she was extremely responsive via text (as responsive as someone this busy can be). Once things healed up and were unwrapped, it was clear that she had made an enormous error. When seeing this during a follow-up appt, she seemed truly sorry and said that it could be fixed sometime in the near future. This led to months of email and phone communications without her (or her staff) ever committing to a new time for surgery. Only when I found another surgeon was she suddenly interested in offering me new options. I've been told by more than a handful of urologists/surgeons that the work she did cannot be fixed without starting over, and even if they did start over, it would likely lead to extensive complications. To say that I am disappointed would be putting it mildly. I think that the most disappointing thing though is that she is incredibly talented, smart and kind... I think she is just too busy to handle the number of patients she sees, which means that folks like me get left behind. I will not be returning to her and recommend that you find a surgeon who has the time for proper follow-up.

Find Another Surgeon

It will cost an estimated $70,000-$100,000. more to repair/ fix and re-do it right, Marci Bower's "handiwork" (quote from Repair Surgeon A). Repair Surgeon B is quoting me about $20,000-$40,000 more, to make the necessary repairs. Repair Surgeon C says he will have to tear-out all of Bower's work and do a complete new rebuild. None of this is something any ex-patient of hers wants to hear, after spending every last penny for what was supposed to be a 2-stage surgery by her. Aftercare? What aftercare? Just find yourself someone else.

Unprofessional

She promise you expectations she can't delivered in post op results. Self centered that she's the best one in the business yet I'm going to need corrective surgery from her results, for her you are just a number.

Highly unprofessional

I've been trying to get in to get in to see her for two whole years. The staff are rude and condescending, they kept me in limbo for two years by giving me false information and refusing to do their jobs for reasons I can only imagine. My health has deteriorated int he time that they have wasted. They should be avoided at all costs.

Very poor communication skills, Bowers does not seem to care about patients health once they leave the hospital and she has their money, even when complications arise. I wish I went to a different surgeon...

My experience with Dr. Bowers has been that she communicates very poorly after surgery, and appears not to fully listen/absorb concerns prior to and following surgery. If I had it to do over, I would go with another surgeon. She said there was almost no risk with the surgery I had performed, but in fact I have multiple complications, and will need at least two reparative surgeries, which I'll have done with other surgeons. It's been frustrating and disappointing to deal with her.

Aftercare? What aftercare?

Dr. Bowers is no doubt an accomplished surgeon, but my experience of her through my multiple surgeries has been that once you leave the operating room, you are on your own, regardless of what happens. She is not a good communicator and her workload is so high that she is unable to follow up with patients in a reasonable manner, which is borderline unethical. In conclusion, she is not someone I would trust to perform surgery on me if I could start over and choose someone else.

GRS in Aug. 2014 and I couldn't be happier with Dr. Bowers and her team!

I had GRS (m-f) with Dr Bowers in Aug. 2014 and I cannot be happier with the care I received from the entire team. She runs an amazing practice that helped me feel comfortable and confident the entire time. Her office staff was friendly and patient while scheduling the procedure and fighting with insurance. Their efforts and recommendations for travel and lodging proved invaluable. Dr. Bowers is a brilliant surgeon whose quite confidence put my mind at ease and Dr. Nicole's ability to connect with me so deeply in such a short period of time left me in tear as we hugged goodbye. Everything ran like a well oiled machine yet the doctors remained incredibly connected and responsive. Overall an incredibly positive experience!

My overall experience was just amazing, I am suprised of how my body can recover very well and fast considering of this major surgery (SRS), I believe this can be accomplished as a result of Dr. Bowers' expertise & skillset in conducting this type of surgery, of how well she creates a natural-look masterpiece that functions well BUT ALSO manages to minimizing the trauma to your body so you can recover quite fast. I literally can wear 5 inches wedges and go to a social-event 15 days after the surgery date (even though you cant walk fast).. so yea unbelievable, Thank God!! I cant imagine myself going to another surgeon (as I have heard horror story about others), I feel so blessed to have her done this for me.

The Best For Trans Care

I had gender reassignment surgery with Dr. Bowers in July. She is a very warm, humanistic woman who knows her stuff. I felt confident every step of the way with her.

Dr. Bowers is the best......

Dr. Marci L Bowers is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Burlingame, CA.