Dr. Marci Roy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marci Roy?

Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Posted on February 23rd, 2017

Basically if you don't have migraines or a tumor, go elsewhere. Dr Roy could not seem less interested in helping me with my headaches since it wasn't an easy diagnosis. I never spent less than 1-1.5 hours for appointments where Dr. Roy would show up for 10 minutes and just say "not sure, try this herbal remedy" (which never helped). After several appointments and several hundred dollars later, I found a different neurologist who was able to give me an accurate diagnosis on my first appointment. The billing department at Arise is also incredibly unorganized and unhelpful.

Worst experience ever

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

I too wish I could give zero stars. I thought this office couldn't get any worse, but today it did. I've come to accept Dr. Roy's cool demeanor, but the extent to which she runs behind schedule is unprofessional and extremely rude. She knows she's chronically behind yet doesn't adjust her schedule accordingly. She never apologizes and is disrespectful of the patient's time. They have a policy of rescheduling your appointment if you're more than 15 minutes late, yet I've had to wait up to TWO HOURS to see her. Why am I, as a patient, not shown the same respect she demands? But like I said, today was the worst. I came in early for my Botox treatment, which I receive for chronic migraine. I found the staff to be helpful and polite. I spent some time talking with two very pleasant women at the front desk about a bill I'd received. After about 15 minutes I was informed I would have to reschedule my appointment because I'd missed it. I WAS RIGHT THERE IN THE WAITING ROOM!!! I was no more than 10 feet from the door you go through to see the doctor. Nobody even came out to call my name! I was in shock. How is that even possible??? One of the women at the front desk apologized, while I saw Dr. Roy basically hiding in the back. I made a bit of a stink, so they rescheduled me for two hours later. Now, let's back up three months... The first time I had my treatment they tried getting me to see the new P.A. who only did Botox, but I insisted on seeing Dr. Roy, as I didn't feel the P.A. had enough experience. (She'd only been at it a few months.) Dr. Roy said she'd be happy to do my treatments instead of the P.A. any time I wanted. My first treatment went without a hitch. However, when I tried getting in to see Dr. Roy for my second treatment, I was told she was completely booked, which basically forced me to see the P.A. or I would have had to go too long between treatments. So, I made the appointment to see the P.A. The P.A. was very nice, but after my treatment, she said if anything should go wrong (ie: my eyelids drooped), there was a woman who did aesthetic Botox downstairs who could fix it. (WHAT??) She said she'd only had two incidents where people had to have their faces "fixed." I trusted her because Dr. Roy was supposed to be the best migraine specialist in town and has a reputation to uphold. So guess what? My eyelid is red, swollen and drooping. I'm not cynical enough to think this is a result of the stink I made earlier, but the thought did cross my mind. I'm so mad at myself. I KNEW it was a mistake not to see Dr. Roy for my Botox treatment. She may have an awful bedside manner, and she's terrible at running her office, but at least she knows what she's doing when it comes to my treatment plan. Ultimately, every part of this horrible experience was Dr. Roy's responsibility. I cannot stress how bad this place is. I'm stuck with her for now (unless she fires me) due to insurance and because I need to get my flippin' eye fixed, but if I had a choice, I'd be out of there. I've never written such a negative review, but I felt it was my responsibility to warn others. My advice is to run like heck and find the second best migraine specialist in town. This place is AWFUL! Oh, and the cherry on top? All the stress of this day has given me a migraine. ZERO STARS.

Sad

Posted on July 10th, 2016

I was told I had to get an MRI at her facility. It was twice as expensive. I asked why there and they told me it was better and she trusted them more. I found out later it is because she makes money off them. The people pay her to refer. And the doctors that read there are not trained as well as the ARA facility I used before.

The worst

Posted on May 24th, 2016

I have been bouncing from Dr. to Dr. and found Dr. Roy. At first I was skeptical due to Dr. Roy barely speaking to me about my migraines. The only reason I stayed with her office was because of her amazing PA. Well that PA left and the service went down hill from there. I lost my job and needed my prescriptions refilled. Dr. Roy's office refused to refill the meds until I came in to see a different PA. I have lost my job and the office would not work with me or find a solution except for me to spend money on an office visit I could not afford.

Never Recommend Dr. Marci Roy

Posted on January 5th, 2016

I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Marci Roy and needed to recieve some information via mail before my scheduled appointment. I never did recieve my paperwork, in spite of the fact, I left numerous voice mails and they never returned a single message. Then, the day before my appointment they finally telephoned me and we finalized my appointment even though my infomation was still missing. Due to that fact, I was told to arrive a half hour early to fill out new paperwork even though I was not a new patient. Then, the next mistake they made was this: A staff member called me to cancel my appointment even though I made it weeks in advance. Furthermore, their representative told me I was only seeing Dr. Roy's nurse practicioner that day and not Dr. Roy, herself, although I was told the day of my scheduled appointment I will be seeing Dr. Roy. So, lo and behold, not only did their staff lie to me, they were extremely unprofressional and then their office personnel refused to admit it was someone in their office who made these mistakes and did not answer voicemails. I would never see Dr. Roy ever again nor would I recommend her to anyone in the future.

Doesnt pay attention to important details

Posted on December 23rd, 2015

Dr. Roy rarely saw me. It was usually one of her assistants, which was fine, because I preferred them anyway. One of the times I saw Dr. Roy, she called in a RX for me...for something I'm allergic to. Something I KNOW is in my file under my allergies. I changed docs after that.

I definitely recommend Dr Roy!

Posted on June 5th, 2015

Dr Roy and her PA are always prompt, professional and personable. When I leave there I feel confident they are giving me the very best of care. The whole staff is amazing.

DO NOT GO HERE

Posted on February 13th, 2015

This doctor has the MOST unprofessional and rude staff that I have ever encountered.

Posted on January 2nd, 2014

I have been going to Marcia Roy for over 4 years. I have had nothing but great service and a wonderful experience from all of her staff. I was having 20 to 30 migraines a month and now am down to 5. I finally found a place that listened to me, helped me find the correct medications, a plan of action when I am in pain, and actually doesn't want me to be in pain when a migraine happens. I could not be happier with a doctor. I now see Robin Choban at Dr. Roy's office and am very happy with her. I could not recommend Dr. Roy's office enough.

Horrible Office Management

Posted on July 24th, 2013

The office manager is the worst I have ever dealt with and the office personnel seem to follow suit. They have supplied the wrong diagnosis code to my insurance company and they have mismanaged my some of my claims. I had some the same issues as one of the other reviewers with being billed at a higher rate due to them selling their business to Little River and I have discovered that I had been over charged for my Botox treatment. I tried to discuss this with the office manager, she would only say that I had to pay my 20% and that she would send me the bill for this. I had brought my EOB and some other screen shots from the insurance company’s website to discuss, but she would not listen to me. When I got upset she told me to be professional with her sassy attitude. I thought I was the patient? And if she had bother to find out she would have known that I was in the middle of a migraine episode, but her attitude sent me into a blinding migraine and this wicked office manager tried to make me leave even though the money for the treatment was already out of my bank account. She had Dr. Roy and Robin Cobain together to have me leave. This was my first encounter with Dr. Roy; after saw that I was having a severe episode she showed me how very caring she is and Robin Cobain has always been extremely awesome, but it is not worth putting up this horrible office manager. I had numerous issues with how they would coordinate the treatments with the pharmacy service and I was given a different story every time I tried to straighten these issues out. I also want to note that upon my second visit, I was told that I past due without explaining anything when checking in, but I had no idea what they were talking about because I paid my co-payment on my first visit and I was embarrassed because they said this in front of my father. No adult wants to appear as though they don’t pay their bills in front of the parent. IT JUST NOT APPROPRIATE.

Awesome Neurologist & Staff

Posted on July 11th, 2013

I have seen 10 different doctors, from primary to pain specialists. I suffered for years of lower back pain and leg cramps. Took med after med. Had epidural injections and was looking at surgery. I saw Dr. Roy and her NP and she told me I have restless leg syndrome and gave me a prescription. Amazing, back pain and leg cramps GONE. She did what other doctors did not, and that is listen to me. I would recommend her to anyone. And her staff, they are awesome.

Sold practice stay away

Posted on May 16th, 2013

Dr. Roy has sold out to a hospital group and the prices for treatment have gone thru the roof. I was paying $68.00 for my treatments with insurance being billed $154.69. Now I must pay $1215.00 up front to meet my deductable and then 160.00 every other visit with insurance paying the balance. Get ready this is part of the affordable healthcare act, is all I was told . Find a doctor that is independant.