Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marcia L Sokol-Anderson has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Sokol-Anderson misdiagnosed me with a "very mild case of chronic fatigue syndrome" when in reality I had borreliosis (Lyme), Tick-borne Relapsing Fever, a chronic Staph infection, chronic EBV, and babesia from a tick bite. She firmly stated that we do not have Lyme in Missouri and refused to consider that as an option, even when I already had a positive test for TBRF in my hand. She said, "I hate when doctors order tests that they do not know how to read." Three weeks after I left her office, I went to a different doctor who ordered the testing for Lyme and co-infections, which all came back positive. I'm now on a five year plan of antibiotics and other meds to get me well. Dr. Anderson did, however, test me for Syphilis as some sort of parting gift. Such a bizarre test to order. Needless to say, that test came back negative. I think her arrogance got in the way of her doctoring in my case. As an infectious disease doctor she really should be an expert on Lyme. She needs to increase her knowledge base on this illness as it is becoming an epidemic. She also needs a nurse who can take a blood draw as I was poked three times without success. The lab down the road drew my blood on the first try.
I had been without a diagnosis for 2 months and Dr Sokol Anderson was the one who gave me a definite diagnosis. She has a great bedside manner,is caring and really helped me through all the difficult times during my treatment. When I had a bad allergic reaction she made time for me in her busy schedule even though I didn't have an appointment. The staff are very friendly and making an appointment is easy.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Marcia L Sokol-Anderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Health Alliance PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Louis University New Hope, 3691 Rutger St, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marcia L Sokol-Anderson in this video.
Dr. Marcia L Sokol-Anderson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.