Have you seen Dr. Marcolino H Ferretti?

Prescription for Wrong Diagnosis

I couldn't agree more with the other reviews about Dr. Ferretti being arrogant, dismissive, and ready to prescribe meds based on a little questionnaire about ADHD. My son's school had in a round about way suggested we talk to our pediatrician about his lack of attention at all times in class. Dr Ferretti gave us and the teachers forms to fill out. After reviewing the forms he basically said, Yup, ADHD. He went into a "skit" about how dosages are given, how people with ADHD will end up in jail because they can't control themselves. There were 3 other people in the room when he went into this "play acting skit" we all looked at each other in astonishment. We quickly realized he is not a good doctor based on how quick he was ready to put a child on meds when the next step should have been more thorough testing. We went ahead with the testing that Dr Ferretti said would be a waste of money. It turns out Dr. Ferretti is WRONG. The thorough testing came back saying my son in no way has ADHD. What he may have is a learning disability. That we will test for next. But to put a kid on meds because they are below average in school! Sure let's drug kids so they are easy in class and bring up the teachers and schools ratings. Whacked system. Thank God we did not listen to Dr Ferretti about medicating. Instead we can spend that money on a tutor.

Outstanding Physician!

Dr. Ferretti was covering this weekend for our usual pediatrician. This was our first encounter with him at his office - a sick visit for our 11 year old son. My wife and I were very impressed with the professionalism and expertise Dr. Ferretti demonstrated in taking care of our son. Not being familiar with our son, he spent a generous amount of time taking our son's history and performed a very thorough examination, to include conducting some in-office tests. He provided a very detailed explanation of his findings and recommendations. He took the time to answer all of our questions, and provided use with useful information to assist taking care of our son at home. We are very fortunate to have such a talented and caring pediatrician covering for our usual doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. Ferretti to any parent in need of a pediatrician for their child(ren).

The one negative in an otherwise good practice

I've been going to this practice since my son was born 13 years ago and the other doctors are fantastic. However, I've gotten "stuck" with Dr. Ferretti twice for routine checkups and found him dismissive and condescending. For example, when asked if there were any issues with my son's health since the last visit, I mentioned a minor concern that I figured wasn't a big deal but wanted to mention just in case. The response was a sarcastic "And why would THAT concern you?" and essentially made to feel like an idiot for even bringing it up. He even complained to me about the parent he'd seen just before us which is why he was over 40 minutes late for our appointment - talk about unprofessional. The one time we brought my son in for a non-routine visit, again the doctor was condescending and in a hurry to make a snap diagnosis, throw a prescription at us and get us out of there. After my son spent 3 days in excruciating ear pain thanks to the wrong "swimmers ear" diagnosis (despite being told he hadn't been swimming in weeks) I said never again. Now when I make appointments and I specifically request that I do NOT get him - I don't care what the office staff thinks.

Avoid This Guy At All Cost!!

Dr. Ferretti was covering for our regular pediatric practice, so this was our first and last visit to this guy ever. Rude, arrogant, condescending - - these are most likely his good points. In 18 years of raising children, we have never encountered a pediatrician like this. He obviously wasn't happy to be working the weekend, and as our appointment was at the end of his day Saturday - he couldn't wait to get rid of us. He was rude to both my children and my wife. He asked my 16 year old daughter what she wanted to do in college - when she responded that she wanted to become a physician he responded "yeah right..". Not only has he never met her before, he certainly didn't have time to form an opinion of her in the 2 1/2 minutes he spent with her in the examination room to render such a dismissive reaction. I truly feel sorry for anyone who has to have regular contact with this guy - he is an A-Hole of the highest magnitude. If he is ever covering again when one of my children is sick, I'll take them to the ER before dealing with this Turd again. I wouldn't let this guy treat my dog. He should do the children of Rhode Island a favor and get out of the profession.

Dr. Marcolino H Ferretti is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Barrington, RI.