Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marcos Martinez
Dr. Marcos Martinez, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX, with another office in Dallas, TX. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Martinez is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth and Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock. He speaks English.
Dr. Marcos Martinez has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marcos Martinez has the following 8 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Infections
Dr. Marcos Martinez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
I was hospitalized with MRSA on my forehead. He was called in when I didn't respond to treatment. He diagnosed the MRSA and treated me until it was gone. Follow ups were in office and when he released me from his care I was 100% free of it. I was afraid of it coming back (which is a common occurrence), several years later and I have never had a recurrence of the dreadful infection. He was easy to talk to, I can't say that for his associate who came to see me at the hospital once. Dr Martinez saved my life!
Dr. Martinez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Marcos Martinez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marcos Martinez in this video.
Dr. Marcos Martinez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.