Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marcus L Pollard has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Marcus L Pollard has the following 16 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Bone Fracture
Dr. Marcus L Pollard has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Marcus L Pollard is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Appointment was at 10a.m. We were a bit more than an hour in the waiting room. All paperwork was completed including medical history, current complaint or reason for visit, medications, allergies, etc... Staff did not inform us physician running late. Front office staff more interested in insurance than actually getting patients seen and adequately treated. When called back to exam room rather than look at all information just provided the MA asked all the questions again. Patient had a pronounced limp and unsteady gait that MA witnessed yet found it necessary to ask if patient was limping or having difficulty walking. Physician only provided a best guess rather than writing for diagnostic imaging which would have provided objective data on which to base treatment. Physician did not explain "best guess" findings. Physician has poor ability to relate to younger adolescent patients. I would not recommend this physician to anyone.
This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He misdiagnosed my sons hip condition. After 9 months of no improvement I tried to schedule another appointment with a different Dr. and he refused to allow me the choice to see another Dr. I then went to Hope orthopedics in Salem and they made the correct diagnoses in 10 minutes and were shocked that Pollard didn't do the standard tests to make the correct diagnoses. After a long wait he spent 5 minutes with my son and simple said to rest without asking any questions, examining the hip, watching him walk all of which would have helped him make the correct diagnoses. He either doesn't care or he doesn't know both are unacceptable. Beware the staff is discourteous and they don't allow you to see your Dr. of choice.
Dr. Pollard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1979
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Marcus L Pollard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSilverton Medical Specialists, 452 Welch St, Silverton, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marcus L Pollard in this video.
Dr. Marcus L Pollard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silverton, OR.