Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marek-Marsel M Mesulam
Dr. Marek-Marsel M Mesulam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with another office in Chicago, IL. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Mesulam is affiliated with Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. Dr. Mesulam has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Marek-Marsel M Mesulam has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Migraine Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognition Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Language Disorders
- Memory Disorders
Showing 5 of 8
This Doctor is fantastic. After spending about 2 years or more going from Doctor to Doctor and Psychoneurologists we came across Dr. Mesulam. We could tell from the start that he new what he was doing and was compassionate. I only wish that he had found a cure before it was too late for my husband but we have 6 children and 18 Grandchildren. Keep working Dr. Mesulam.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mesulam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1972
Boston City Hospital
Dr. Marek-Marsel M Mesulam accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marek-Marsel M Mesulam in this video.
Dr. Marek-Marsel M Mesulam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.