More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marel A Hanks
Dr. Marel A Hanks, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tyler, TX. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Hanks is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and Christus Mother Frances Hospital Jacksonville. Dr. Hanks has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Marel A Hanks has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Marel A Hanks has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 10
Dr.Hanks empathizes with her patients. She is very cognizant of the human condition.When some of her patients could not afford their prescription, Dr. hanks paid for her patients prescriptions.Dr. Hanks is a dream Pediatrician. She is a model for what a doctor should be as an underestanding and compassionate human care giver.We as a society need to produce more individuals of the quality and compassion of Dr. Marel Hanks.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hanks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1988
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Marel A Hanks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTyler Family Circle Of Care, 2990 N Broadway Ave, Tyler, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marel A Hanks in this video.
Dr. Marel A Hanks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tyler, TX.