Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maren E Peterson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Maren E Peterson has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Maren E Peterson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
After my wonderful doctor of 15 yrs left the clinic, at age 56 I had to choose a new one from the 1 or 2 taking new patients. I had one "new patient" and one full physical with Dr. Peterson. During the entire visits Dr. Peterson never once smiled. Her job and me seemed a burden to her. After the physical, (in this very small clinic) I was the only person in a small waiting room waiting to have blood tests. Dr, Maren walked within 2 ft of me and looked at me as if she'd never seen me before, didn't speak or smile and I'd just left her office 15 minutes earlier. It was strange and unsettling when this was supposed to be my new doctor. During the 2nd visit I asked Dr. Peterson for an anti-depressant. I'd never taken one before but this was just after the financial crash, I'm self-employed and business had dropped 80% already and I'd had to give up my $650/month health insurance. The pills prescribed didn't fit me - I felt unwell and dizzy. I called to ask to try another brand. She refused to do this without another $150+ visit to her. She had absolutely no sensitivity to the financial crash having seriously affected peoples lives. I wasn't asking for a drug for a new condition just another brand to try that may suit my body better. This told me what I needed to about this doctor. All around visitng Dr. Maren Peterson was a bad experience. Do yourself a favor and find a doctor with understanding and sensitivity to the total human condition and with a bedside manner. I was blessed with 2 fabulous doctors over 30 yrs. Dr. Peterson was a real lemon.
25 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1993
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPark Nicollet Clinic-St Louis Park, 3850 Park Nicollet Blvd, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maren E Peterson in this video.
Dr. Maren E Peterson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.