Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Margaret O Abiona
Dr. Margaret O Abiona, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Islip, NY. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Anesthesiology. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Margaret O Abiona has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Margaret O Abiona has the following 1 expertise
Showing 1 of 1
exceptional bedside manner and a master at her craft
Self-verified patient of Dr. Margaret O Abiona - Posted on July 31st, 2018
Dr. Abiona was my “Angel” that arrived while I was in labor with my third child. I have had two not so pleasant experiences with previous anesthesiologist and failed epidural attempts. Dr. Abiona is the master at her craft. She came to my bedside and commands the attention of the room. When she observed two failed attempts at my IV she stepped in to expedite my pain relief. She placed my epidural in one quick attempt and has a considerate and calming demeanor. I am truly blessed to have been cared for by her. Thank you so much Dr. Abiona! God bless you !
35 Years Experience
University Of Ilorin
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Margaret O Abiona Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Margaret O Abiona's office for more information.
1000 Montauk Hwy West Islip, NY : (631) 376-4088
Locations & DirectionsGOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER, 1000 Montauk Hwy, West Islip, NY
Dr. Margaret O Abiona is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Islip, NY.