Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Margaret Allen
Dr. Margaret Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Roanoke, VA. She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Allen is affiliated with Montgomery Regional Hospital, Carilion Medical Center and Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Margaret Allen has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Soft Tissue Injuries
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Allen provided my anesthesia for a recent surgical procedure. She was great. She took the time to meet with us before and explain everything that was going to happen. Then afterward, she came by soon after I woke up to make sure that everything was OK. It sure was. I didn't feel a thing while I was under! Whatever those drugs are, they are awesome.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Montgomery Regional Hospital
Carilion Medical Center
Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Carilion New River Valley Medical Center
Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital
Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
12 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Margaret Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAnesthesiologist Consultants of Virginia Inc, 5115 Bernard Dr, Roanoke, VA
Dr. Margaret Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.