Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Margaret Altman
Dr. Margaret Altman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Pierce, FL, with other offices in Stuart, FL and Fort Pierce, FL . She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Altman is affiliated with Martin Memorial Hospital South, Suburban Hospital, Louisville, Kentucky and Audubon Hospital, Louisville, Kentucky. She speaks English.
Dr. Margaret Altman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 23
I really liked her. I was so impressed that she spent an entire hour with me and never one looked at her watch. She listened attentively and asked a lot of questions. When I left I felt she had a really good idea of my health status and what I was important to me. She gave me a written plan with health goals (which were my goals) for the next year. No one has ever done that before. Included were topics for me to research that we would discuss on the next visit. This was not a sick visit, but a visit to establish myself as a new patient. She is wonderful. Highly recommend her!
Dr. Altman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Martin Memorial Hospital South
Suburban Hospital, Louisville, Kentucky
Audubon Hospital, Louisville, Kentucky
Baptist Hospital, Louisville, Kentucky
17 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Louisville Hospital
Dr. Margaret Altman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Margaret Altman in this video.
Dr. Margaret Altman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Pierce, FL.