Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Margaret M Andersen has 3 locations
465 Columbus Ave Ste 125
Valhalla, NY 10595
Book Online Now
Dr. Margaret M Andersen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Margaret M Andersen has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 3 of 3
Great Doctor. Couple staff members are a little rude.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Margaret M Andersen - Posted on October 3rd, 2013
I love Dr. Andersen and I can tell she really cares. I've never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes when waiting for an appointment. Her nurse staff in general are lovely. The only one I was very disappointed with was a girl named Jamie. Extremely rude for no reason. Generally the office manager is nice but other times can be abrupt and nasty unexpectedly which I find is too bad because that's who always seems to answer the phone (obviously you don't want to have to deal with an unnecessary attitude when your calling your dr. with a medical condition.) I've been going to this office for about 8 years now.
Great dr and staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Margaret M Andersen - Posted on July 17th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Margaret M Andersen - Posted on February 3rd, 2011
Dr Anderson is awesome. she always takes her time when you are in there to see her. She/her office always follows up with test results. Usually can get an appointment easily - if real sick she will get you in asap.I even referred my mom who is elderly to her and she was so impressed as to the general concern and attention Dr Anderson gave her.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
24 Years Experience
- Suny Stony Brook
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Margaret M Andersen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Margaret M Andersen, MD - Internal Medicine in Thornwood, NY, in this video.
Dr. Margaret M Andersen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Thornwood, NY.