Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Margaret Block
Dr. Margaret Block, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE, with another office in Omaha, NE. She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Block is affiliated with Nebraska Methodist Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Margaret Block has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
Showing 5 of 20
My mother is 83 years old and was diagnosed with CML about 13 years ago and has been in remission for over 10 years. Dr. Block stays on top of her condition with regular visits and the staff there is great. Dr. Block and my mother's primary care physician work together to get tests done in a timely manner and pass results on to each other / coordinate care so that she isn't having to schedule extra appointments. She is very good to answer my Mom's questions and make her feel that she understands what is going on. She is not a 'touchy-feely' type of physician, but I feel she cares for her patients and is compassionate in her care.
Dr. Block is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1976
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Margaret Block accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Margaret Block is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.