Dr. Margaret Carr Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Margaret Carr?

nurse

Posted on December 1st, 2014

child is disabled. not delivered on time. Emergency C-Sect performed. interns were in charge.

Not recommended- a feeling she purposly didn't disclose fetal concerns

Posted on December 31st, 2013

I have never had a more awful experience in my entire life. We went to Dr. Carr for a normal Ultrasound to have measurements taken and to find out the sex of our baby. During the Ultrasound, after an hour with the tech, she said she was going to have the doctor come in and finish up. Dr. Carr then came in and continued to look for an additional hour at our baby. After 30 minutes, with my experience in healthcare as a CNA and this being my second child, I knew something was abnormal and proceeded to ask Dr. Carr if anything was wrong. She responded with, "No, this is just routine." At the end of our ultrasound, she said, There is a missing kidney, a pocket or abnormality on the bladder, and maybe minor abnormalities in the brain, I am not worried about the brain because I see a partial portion of it, and it just may not be developed all the way." Her biggest concern was the kidney and bladder. She referred us to have the MaterniT21 test done to eliminate any chromosome disorders. A week later, when the nurse called with the MaterniT21 results she said everything came back negative. I asked what part of the brain was affected so I could do more research, she told me the Corpus Callosum, the part of the brain that connects the right and left hemispheres and basically the 'information highway' between the two sides. I researched this, and there is are two potential diagnosis: partial agenesis of the corpus collosum and a full agenesis of the corpus callosum. Both meaning my baby would likely have multiple issues as a a baby/child/adult. Something just wasn't adding up in my mind. Why wouldn't the brain be the biggest concern to her? People live with one kidney everyday and there is surgery to help fix/maintain the issue. You cannot fix the brain. I followed up with a new doctor at Freodert. There they told me in addition to the concerns with the corpus callosum, there was also a small ASD and/or VSD, essentially a hole affecting separation of the right and left sides of the heart. I specifically asked Dr. Carr if there was anything wrong with the heart because she seemed to spend a lot of time looking there and I have an AV block in my heart, she responded with, 'the heart looks fine.' Obviosuly not. I have never been more confused, sad, and angry in my entire life. If you want to run around in circles, Dr. Carr is the person to go to. If you want real answers go somewhere else, because all she did to us was lie. I am now 20 weeks pregnant with only a few options left to consider. In the meantime I have undergone heartache, disappointment and false hope. Something a mother should ever go through.

Posted on April 25th, 2017