Get the facts about diabetes, including the difference between type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Type 1 Diabetes Get type 1 diabetes facts, including causes, signs, symptoms & more.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Margaret R Darcangelo has the following 1 specialty
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Didn't put a lot of effort into helping me as a child. I had to wait to age out of the pediatric system before I could get an adult endo, who within six months of seeing him got be off the the three medications she had me on as well as my growth hormone injections. If she could have done that it would have saved me years of side effects and frustration. That plus we would drive two hours to get to my appts. and she should see us for literally two minutes. Even her nurse commented on how quick the appts. were. She just doesn't take the extra step for her patients. That's just my personal experience.
Dr. Darcangelo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Margaret R Darcangelo accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Margaret R Darcangelo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hershey, PA.