Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Margaret R Durkin has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes Complications
Showing 5 of 17
My wife, who suffers from CONSTANT pain and in turn anxiety was prescribed an anti-anxiety agent NOT in the Sedative hypnotic class. Dr. Durkin's prescription made it IMPOSSIBLE for my wife to take this medication effectively. She said it was ONLY a short term thing..but DOES NOT LISTEN, her staff is RUDE, they do NOT allow people to speak with the doctor and she medically shamed my wife who is in constantly agony which her rheumatologist Dr. Abbusammi, has NOT treated at ALL, anyway it's a shame that doctors now are NON PRESCRIBERS and AFRAID...my wife has an anxiety issue which is NOT just sometimes and she was medically shamed which is UTTERLY HORRIBLE. SHAME ON EVERYONE THERE.
I had a severe allergic reaction and went immediately to my allergist. After a week, he referred me to a dermatologist. After a couple of weeks with the dermatologist, I went to see my regular physician, Dr. Durkin, who had additional ideas that helped my condition better than the specialists. Her ability to apply her knowledge and her caring and concern (telling me to come back in a week if the condition didn't improve) is exceptional.
Very slow at getting test ordered she says you need. Especially when they may be life threatening problems. Ended up In the ER with the problem and it had been over 4 months and she had never ordered the test even with me calling all the time. I could have died. Then when test results came back never got a call had to call them several weeks after the test had been done. This kept me from getting to the doctor I need for help for the problem. Very upsetting and not very professional on her part if she really cared about her patients. Needless to say I no longer go to her and would never give her a good referral!
33 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Margaret R Durkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Margaret R Durkin in this video.
Dr. Margaret R Durkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.