Dr. Ferry gives 100% to her patients healthcare and is a very good endocrinologist.

I was pleasantly surprised that in all the times I have been to Dr. Ferry’s office she takes the time to answer all of my questions completely, thouroughly go over everything going on with my health, and sees the BIG picture of my health. I wish there were more like her. She does tend to run very late. It’s common to wait 30 minutes or more to see her because she doesn’t rush you out the door after 10-15 minutes like most doctors. I usually call her office to see how late she is running so that I’m not wasting time in the waiting room. Her receptionist is very happy to help you with that if you just call 30 minutes or so before your appointment time to see if she is running behind schedule and how late so that you’re not wasting time in the waiting room. I really like her the best out of all the doctors I’ve had over the years she is the only one who collaborates with you on your care plan and really educates you on your options, answers all your questions, and sees you as a whole being, not a 10-15 minute slot in the medical institutions’ “factory”. I am very happy with Dr. Ferry and recommend her to anyone frustrated and dissolutioned with the way insurance company’s and healthcare administrators manage or mismanag our healthcare. Dr. Ferry is an incredible endocrinologist and I only wish she could be my primary care and my endocrinologist.

A Terrible Doctor

Dr. Ferry is the worst endocrinologist I have ever had. Wait time is 45 minutes to an hour, even with no other patients. She spends most of the consult trying to figure out what's on her computer. Dr. Ferry misdiagnosed me with diabetes and prescribed Metformin, after a blood sugar test. I then insisted on a glucose tolerance test, which turned out negative. She had a hard time reading my thyroid ultrasound, first telling me my thyroid had been "eaten away" by Hashimoto's disease (again no tests), then saying my thyroid was 1 cm wide and 7 cm long, i.e. shaped like a pencil. Dr. Ferry does not do physical exams, which she should perform on every visit, and she ridicules patients. She should not be practicing medicine.

Caring Physician

Dr. Ferry is one of the best Doctors I have ever been to. She does not rush you out and she explains everything. It's usually a wait to see her but, it's well worth it. I wish more Doctors were like her .

love that she takes a lot of time with each patient.

Calling to make a new patient appointment isn't easy.

I have been calling Dr. Ferry's office for 3 days, trying to get a hold of someone so I can make a New patient appointment. The phone just keeps ringing and then an answering machine picks up and you can't even leave a message. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get through soon and be able to make an appointment. Very frustrating.

The good doc falls behind because she does for others what she does for me; ie, she spends the time I need when I sit down with her. I always make my appointments with time to spare because I know this happens and I am fine with that. She is well worth the wait.

Dr. Margaret A Ferry is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenfield, MA.