Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Margaret Jensvold has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 2 of 2
She reminded me of a home maker-out to earn some extra bucks. Very matronly. She kind of reminded me of my mother which made me feel a little nervous and embarrassed to talk about some of my destructive behavior.I thought she was a bit preoccupied during our sessions. She was polite, mellow and her voice was very soothing(when she spoke). She mostly said things like,'oh no, that must be hard' or would nod her head from side to side and just looked at me with great empathy. I saw her for almost a year and in that time I never received a diagnosis. I was angry and lost faith in her ability to treat me. How can treatment work w/out a diagnosis. I did not make any progress. During my depressed episodes, her standard answer was, 'take a walk or to take a bath'. Ironically, my mother gave me the exact same advice. She seemed like a very nice person but I dont think she really liked her job. She was very liberal in terms of prescribing any medication I suggested. That was the bonus and the reason I stayed w/her for about 8-9 months. I liked her even though I was frustrated about the aforementioned issues.
29 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Margaret Jensvold accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions8 Simms Ct, Kensington, MD
Dr. Margaret Jensvold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kensington, MD.