Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Margaret T Kasner
Dr. Margaret T Kasner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kasner is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. Dr. Kasner has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Margaret T Kasner has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Margaret T Kasner has the following 16 expertise
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
Dr. Margaret T Kasner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Kasner can't control how her office staff treats the patients or the wait time or the ease of getting an appointment. Where she is concern directly, the "doctoring" part, she's fabulous. Brilliant. And she is exceptionally personable and treats you like a real person and she acts like a normal person -- not a "I'm an important doctor and you are merely a list of data to be studied and acted upon." She gets to know you and your family. She isn't afraid to predict what might be going on and she isn't afraid to tell you the ugly possiblities if you ask. So many doctors, when it comes to AML, treat you like "don't worry your little head about all that." Frankly not knowing makes me more worried. I would recommend anyone and everyone to have Dr. Kasner as your oncologist.
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office processes to reduce errors and increase quality.
Dr. Kasner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Margaret T Kasner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKimmel Cancer Center, 925 Chestnut St Fl 2, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Margaret T Kasner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.