Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Margaret MacRae
Dr. Margaret MacRae, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with other offices in Minneapolis, MN and Rochester, MN (and 6 other locations). She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. MacRae is affiliated with Healtheast Woodwinds Hospital, United Hospital and Immanuel St Joseph'S - Mayo Health System. She speaks English.
Dr. Margaret MacRae has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Doctor Macrae is a wonderful and caring professional person. She knew right away what was wrong - and she took the time to listen and answer all of our questions and walk us through an extremely difficult time with a hard diagnosis. I am still cancer free 22 years later. My two boys (grown now) still remember her kindness.
Dr. MacRae is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Healtheast Woodwinds Hospital
Immanuel St Joseph'S - Mayo Health System
United Hospital District
Fairview Ridges Hospital
Fairview Southdale Hospital
Abbott Northwestern Hospital Minneapolis, Minnesota
United Hospital An Allina Facility
United Hospital St. Paul, Minnesota
St. Paul, Minnesota
HealthEast St. John`s
HealthEast St. Joseph`s
39 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Margaret MacRae accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Margaret MacRae is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.