Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Margaret Meg M Hayes has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I left a recent appointment with Dr. Hayes so frustrated I cried on the way home!! Her personality has changed dramatically. She made me feel that I was wasting her time and had done something wrong by coming to see her. I'm usually very healthy and go to the doctor at most once a year but recently I have had some health changes that I figured would be worth checking out. She was very abrupt. She asked questions in a very strict manner. She ordered labs for a workup (without explaining them) and then left the room and told me to "sit there". (This was after she was 30 minutes late to start). The medical assistant came in and informed me my appointment for today was over. WTH?? I will complete the lab work and find a new physician who will take the time to listen to me. I work in healthcare and know the system is strained but her attitude did not strike me as caring or professional. This is a big change from the past.
We chose Dr. Hayes because she is the only International Pediatrician in Oregon. We went to our first visit and she seemed knowledgeable but was not very friendly. I didn't care because I just needed my son treated by someone that knew international issues. We had some big concerns.She sent us for a list of tests and when the test results were back no one would call us back. The nurse finally called us back, told us that some of his blood work looked "weird" and that she would have to call us back. She left us hanging for a day and a half! We found out our son had a few issues and I desperately wanted to talk with Dr. Hayes about the issues. It took days for her to call me back and when she did she came across like she didn't care and it was a bother to call me. We will not go back to Dr. Hayes and will find other care for our son. I am beyond disappointed that a doctor can treat her patients this way and still have patients go back to her.
Dr. Hayes has been the doctor for my entire family for over ten years. She has seen us through three births, and been the doctor for both my husband and myself as well as our children. Dr. Hayes goes above and beyond the call of duty over and over again. She is available, listens, and meets our needs every time we have a health problem or need. We moved over one hundred miles away two years ago, but continue to maintain Dr. Hayes as our family physician. I can't imagine trusting the health of my family to any one else.
Dr. Hayes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Margaret Meg M Hayes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOhsu Hospitals And Clinics, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR
Dr. Margaret Meg M Hayes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.