Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Margaret M Polaneczky has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Adolescent Medicine
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- Menstrual Pain
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
One of the best gyn's I have seen on either coast. Dr P was kind, didn't waste time, gave my husband and I clear explanation of possible outcomes, treatments and next steps. She will contact you after hours to follow up, but is very much no nonsense, which works well for me. Doesn't waste time, but will help you find solutions and is secure to bring in other colleagues for another opinion. I can not recommend her enough. Granted, to get in and see her for the initial visit may take 3 months, but worth the wait. Once you're past that point, making appointments is easy. Her nurse Dionne is great as well!
I cannot explain the great fortune in having found Dr. Polaneczky. I changed doctors because I no longer wanted to risk the chance of waiting hours for my previous OB-GYN if he had to deliver a baby. Dr. P. is just amazing. Yes, I had to wait about 3 - 4 weeks for an appointment. However, once I arrived and filled out the new patient paperwork, Dr. P. saw me within 15 minutes. To those that complain about waiting, it's important to remember that a doctor who keeps you waiting might very well be doing so because he/she is spending time caring for and explaining things to another patient. Wouldn't YOU want to be treated with the same courtesy. Dr. P. is an excellent physician and very approachable. She is very matter of fact and gets to the point, but that doesn't mean she isn't caring. I was amazed that she noticed I got new glasses year to year from a previous appointment. I'd bet the house on Dr. Polaneczky giving me the best of care if I were to have something other than a normal check up. I would recommend Dr. Polaneczky!
I was highly recommended this doctor, but to wait three and a half months to see her it is not acceptable. If she is so booked with current patients she should not accept new ones then. Who want to wait that long? Unbelievable. Since I am forced to rate 'the experience" and since I had none whatsoever because I did not have the chance to see the doctor, I have to chose that
I just googled Dr. Polaneczky to give a friend her number and was shocked to see her poor rating on this site. Dr. P is an extremely nice and caring doctor who has always given me her full attention when I'm with her. I've never felt like she was rushing through an exam and her follow up is great. I've also never waited more than 10 or 15 minutes to see her (which is unheard of in NYC). It's hard to believe those negative reviews were written about the same doctor.
34 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Margaret M Polaneczky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNyp Weill Cornell Medical Center, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY
Dr. Margaret M Polaneczky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.