Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Margaret M Thomson has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Margaret M Thomson has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Margaret M Thomson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Margaret M Thomson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Thomson has terrible beside manner. She gives very generic responses to questions asked. I feel like I am another number in her office. She has very old ideas and I don't feel she is educated on newer treatment plans. I was very unhappy with her in my last 2 visits and will not be returning to see her. She doesn't listen to the parent she just forces her own ideas and if you disagree with her she becomes very agitated. I recommend you find another doctor if you are considering seeing her.
When my husband's insurance changed, it was not accepted at my childs ped. office so I had to find a new one. I loved the other ped. and never thought I'd find someone near that level, but I was wrong. Not only did I find Dr. Thomson after meeting with 3 different peds, I trusted her and loved her much much more than the other doctor. I now have 2 children who love visiting the office to see the nurses and the doctor. The staff is out of this world and I couldn't ask for a better docotor to explain and listen to my concerns. I will travel miles to see here always!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Dr. Margaret M Thomson accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsCommunity Health Improvement Center, 2905 N Main St, Decatur, IL
Dr. Margaret M Thomson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, IL.