Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Margaret Tucker
Dr. Margaret Tucker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bethesda, MD. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Tucker is affiliated with Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center National Institute of Health. She speaks English.
Dr. Margaret Tucker has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Margaret Tucker has the following 20 expertise
- Bone Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hodgkin Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Ovarian Cancer
- Ovariectomy (Ovary Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Precancerous Conditions
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia
Dr. Margaret Tucker has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Margaret Tucker is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Tucker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center National Institute of Health
24 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1989
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWarren G Magnuson Clinical Center National Institute of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Margaret Tucker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.