Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Margaret I Thirston
Dr. Margaret I Thirston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Panama City Beach, FL. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Thirston is affiliated with Bay Medical Behavioral Health Center. Dr. Thirston has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Margaret I Thirston has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Margaret I Thirston has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Margaret I Thirston has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
my doctor referred me to Dr. Thirston. Alarms went off when I was early for a scheduled appointment and arrived into a plush opulent office devoid of patients. Although having an appointment I still had to wait for no apparent reason.. After a very basic cursory examination she wanted to set up a series of appointments to begin my therapy. She did nothing
This doctor is verbally abusive and yells when she is frustrated and can't figure out treatment for patients. I have seen her for quite sometime now and other people have witnessed her verbal abuse. I am changing doctors asap because I do not need to be yelled at because she can't figure out what she's doing. She also NEVER reads the chart and she forgets everything.... I can't tell you how many times I've had to repeat something to her. It's very maddening especially when a doctor is supposed to help you.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Thirston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Margaret I Thirston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMargaret Isabel Thirston Md, 651 Grand Panama Blvd, Panama City Beach, FL
Dr. Margaret I Thirston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Panama City Beach, FL.