Dr. Margarita R Ochoa-Maya Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Margarita R Ochoa-Maya?

Doctor unsafe and not to be trusted

Doctor walked out of practice in Nashua NH without giving notice to patients.

She stands apart

Dr. Ochoa-Maya is not like most doctors, which was a pleasant surprise. After several visits with her I can say that she never just "phones it in". She is very bright and focused as she interviews you. In my case, she did not simply check off the boxes on some standard diagnostic sheet. I could tell that she was drawing on a very broad and deep pool of experience to ascertain what was wrong with me. I've seen other doctors who seem to practice medicine based on what the insurance companies tell them to do. Dr. Maya thinks independently, orders whatever tests you need, and evaluates the diagnoses and treatment plans thoroughly. Her follow through was personal and attentive. This is a doctor who actually cares about her patients.

Poor quality health care

After seeing Dr Ochoa-Maya for 6 moths I am forced to find another doctor since she will no longer be accepting insurance of any kind. I fell that I never received an accurate diagnosis and quality enough treatment to continue visits with her and to pay out of pocket. Her office is very bad about returning phone calls. When I asked for a referral to another doctor I was told to look in the phone book. I have been left with the feeling that the doctor did not care at all about my health or treatment for my condition.

Doctor's Response

We feel so sorry that you felt this way. These are times of change and we strive to make your experience a good one. We take pride in making every patient feel cared for and hope we can somehow make it up to you. Again, we a so sorry about your negative experience. Dr. Ochoa-Maya

Amazing Endocrinologist!

Dr. Ochoa-Maya "consistently" displays qualities of one who has your utmost well-being in mind. She is one who is readily available in times of trauma and celebrates your healing: spirit, soul, and body. I am very appreciative of her accessibility after hours, and her willingness to pursue avenues of treatment that other doctors have shied away from. She is approachable, compassion, and kind. This doctor believes in educating her patients, and teaching them how to be active participants in their healing process. She has earned my praise and respect. Recently I have had a relapse of some of my symptoms after not experiencing any for seven months. Dr. Ochoa-Maya is always encouraging and looks on the bright side of things. I am thankful to have a doctor like her and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a qualified endocrinologist. She goes above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you, Dr. Ochoa-Maya

I would not recommend this doctor or office to anyone. I was very unpleased after switching to her from a different endocrinologist. Her focus seems to be to push blogs & books. My biggest concern was her office staff. I needed to request some of my information from them, and after they found out I would be going to a different practice and no longer seeing Dr. Ochoa- Maya none of my phone calls would get returned, and none of my emails. I find this highly unprofessional.

Doctor's Response

We are so sorry you had a negative experience. We have taken your recommendation and made the appropriate changes. Thank you for your feedback, Dr. Ochoa-Maya

If you're hypo and need a good endo, RUN to her!

After finding that all my doctors did not understand hypothyroidism (PCP, OB, RE) I finally came to Dr. Ochoa Maya and I am so glad I found her. I saw her as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I did not trust my RE to manage my thyroid and Dr. Ochoa Maya right off the bat ran all the right tests, free T's, antibodies, metabolic panel etc. What a relief! I even asked for Vit D, and it was no problem at all, she agreed it was important to know where I was at especially being pregnant. Very proactive with bloodwork and follow up dose adjustments. Could not be any happier. So if you're hypo, and especially if you're hypo & pregnant like me, do not trust your OB to manage your thyroid, drop everything and call this office! I love her and will refer people to her in a heartbeat. Her office is beautifully decorated and she makes an effort to make you feel as comfortable as possible. This doctor is a PARTNER in your healthcare, NOT another doctor who talks down to you and just tells you what to do. She takes the time to look at the whole picture. **note she prescribes both synthroid and natural dessicated meds as well

E

The Best

I don't understand the negative reviews because I've had a wonderful experience each time I've seen her.She really listened to me and did not rush me. She ordered tests for different complaints I had and on my follow up visit, she prescribed the vitamins and minerals that would address my problems.Obviously she was right on target because within a few weeks I some significant changes in how I felt.I would not consider changing doctors as she is very professional but friendly, knows what questions to ask, is patient and caring.

Physician Rating

Dr. Ochoa-Maya is a very smart, kind and pleasant person and was very caring in working for me and how I deal with my medical problems. I would recomm ...

patient with tyroid problem for 3 years

SHE IS THE BEST IMEDIATELI SHE NEW WHAT OTHERS DIRENT FIND , I FELL THE MOST LUKY PERSON ALL THAT I CAN SAID IS THAT I FIND AN ANGEL

Dr. Ochoa Maya is smart and kind

My experience was extraordinary! She saved my life. She diagnosed a medical problem that I would have never found anywhere else... And now that I have treatment I feel a 100%.

Ochoa-Maya is a true quack!! I was diagnosed with multiple nodules on my thyroid and was referred to her. She spent more time talking to me about an ovarian disorder rather than my thyroid and she didn't quite understand the test reults. She then read them to me as though it was a bedtime story and proceeded to tell me every word she was typing. Turns out that she has had 7 practices in 2 years and her SUB specialty is endocronology!! I left the practice she is at and found a real doctor who had all the answers in minutes!! I'm sure she'll be moving on shortly anyway!

Doctor's Response

Dr. Margarita R Ochoa-Maya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manchester, NH.