Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maria Almeida MD, MBBS
Dr. Maria Almeida, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Davidson, NC, with other offices in Charlotte, NC and Miami, FL (and 3 other locations). She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Almeida is affiliated with Bryanlgh Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Maria Almeida has 6 locations
Dr. Maria Almeida has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Maria Almeida has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Maria Almeida is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maria Almeida - Posted on April 6th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Almeida is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bryanlgh Medical Center
16 Years Experience
Goa Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Maria Almeida Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Maria Almeida's office for more information.
16740 Davidson Concord Rd Davidson, NC : (704) 801-9200
501 Billingsley Rd Charlotte, NC : (704) 444-2400
1150 Campo Sano Ave Miami, FL : (305) 669-3360
706 W King St Kings Mountain, NC : (980) 487-5470
3541 Randolph Rd Charlotte, NC : (402) 483-8555
2222 S 16th St Lincoln, NE : (402) 483-8555
Locations & Directions
Dr. Maria Almeida is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Davidson, NC.