Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria J Canizares has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Maria J Canizares has the following 12 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Maria J Canizares is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 117
The office staff are very disorganized. Multiple people are in and out of your exam room with in minutes all asking the same questions. Visit is very fast. does not address all questions. Had taken test dose of medication and had labs drawn. a week later called the office for my Rx, and received a call back with . "Ok we need you to go and get your labs taken and take the test dose of the medication". I repeatedly told them, I already did that. Such a delay in care. No one EVER, answers the phone. In 6 months not once has a staff member answered the phone. and when they do call you back and you ask a question, the response is. " the Dr. is very busy we will get back with you in about 24 hours". My insurance co. denied my medication, I was told that they informed the MD office that I needed to take 15mg of methotrexate and I was only Rx 12.5mg. So again another denial and delay in care.
This is the first negative review I have every written online. I don't ever do this, however I felt it necessary due to the care we received. My husband was a patient of Dr. Canizares. He called to cancel an appointment ahead of time and he was charged a "no show" fee. He called outside of the 24 hour window so as to be considerate of the office and other patients. They still charged him $25. We just got new phones so we could not prove that he called in his call log and the office said they had no record of him calling. The office staff is very inconsiderate and they unfortunately place no value on quality patient care/customer service. It is sad that they are hung up on policy instead of valuing people. Don't waste your time with this place, it will only cause you a headache in the end.
Dr. Canizares was able to diagnose me very quickly because of her knowledge and experience. She explained everything in detail and gave me several options for treatment. She listened to my concerns and took care of me. I would recommend my family and friends to her.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Canizares is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Maria J Canizares accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLake St Louis Dermatology Pc, 300 Medical Plz Ste 210, Lake Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Maria J Canizares is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Saint Louis, MO.