Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria C Carroll has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I have to agree with one of the prior reviews. It takes months to schedule an appointment with an attitude at this office that this doctor is already busy and doesn't need your business. After calling and advising that I needed to see Dr. carol because of a medical concern , I was finally given an appointment months later. I was prompt in keeping that appointment only to be advised by a very rude Dr. Carroll that because I had previously met with a different dermatologists when Dr. carol couldn't immediately see me , that she would not examine me and I would have to take it upon myself to provide her with the records from the other . From the other dermatologist. She then advised that she was too busy to be securing those records. When I asked why she didn't have her staff give me this information before traveling a significant distance to keep the appointment , she didn't answer and very abruptly left me in the examination room.. I would never recommend this unprofessional doctor to anyone..
Wait time to get an appointment to see this doctor is ridiculous! It's understandable if you have to book months in advance for routine screening. When you have a spot that you know needs to be evaluated/biopsied, she still makes you wait 2-3 months! That goes against every kind of medical advice we've been given....'see your doctor right away if...'. It also takes weeks, and several follow-up calls from your initial contact with the scheduler to even find out that the doctor will see you 'at her next available appointment'...3 months in the future. Unfortunately, this practice also has a policy against one doctor's patient being seen by another doctor in the practice...even when you just want someone to 'look' at this suspicious spot. It seems logical if one doctor is overbooked, that she should allow a patient to be seen on an emergency basis by someone else in the practice who might have an opening sooner than she does. Concern for the patient is definitely not a priority for her!
21 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Maria C Carroll accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwest Michigan Dermatology, 550 Munson Ave Ste 200A, Traverse City, MI
Dr. Maria C Carroll is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Traverse City, MI.