More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria E Chen has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 10
I had read a review, where a father was complaining about how his input meaned nothing to Dr. Chen and it was only the mother she was interested in. Well after 4 years of seeing her, I now understand. I'm currently separated from my wife and we are sharing custody. My son began to feel ill, so I took him in to see. I felt that the issue was more then was diagnosed. Sure enough my wife takes him in the following week and was told by Dr. Chen that I did not provide her with the correct information to make the proper diagnoses. Now my wife and my be separated and we have issues that don't involve the children, so as far as that goes we are getting along fine and on the same page. Dr. Chen lied to my wife, I described it perfectly the same as mom did. My wife wants to continue there, because she's writing it off as a misunderstanding. After other reviews that I've read, I don't think it is.
Chen is very condescending and distant. She never calls the parent by name, refers to the adults as mom or dad. In fact, the entire office practices this very unprofessional habit. She isn't patient, and doesn't handle when the parents area as educated as she is. It takes months to schedule an appointment if your child is well. She never folows up. Spare yourself the agony and find another office for your children.
I feel Dr. Chen treats me (Dad) differently than my wife (mom). I feel that I am not taken as serious as mom and feel like she talks down to me, like I'm beneath her. She miss diagnosed my son when I took him in without the wife. The issue worsened and wasn't diagnosed correctly until we went back almost a week later. Dr. Chen said I had not told her the correct symptoms. I asked to see the chart from last visit and she couldn't or wouldn't show it to us. I can tell you I explained the situation just as my wife had, We love CHKD, but we will no longer be seeing Dr. Chen.
Amazing anything like this could even happen now a days. Dr. Chen engaged in a secret medical trial behind the back of a father that had legal medical rights to make decisions in a child's health care. She made a diagnosis with out having all the facts in the case. This went on for 7 months with mom. As you may tell we are divorced and she took the side of mom over any thoughts of dad. And continue a treatment that benefits mom and not benefiting the child
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Childrens Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Maria E Chen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNewport News Pediatrics, 11783 Rock Landing Dr Ste 202, Newport News, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria E Chen in this video.
Dr. Maria E Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport News, VA.