Have you seen Dr. Maria Choy?

The doctor was recommended by my GP but does not participate in NJ Aetna Medicare PPO. There office want payment up front and then they will submit insurance claim for me even though the plan covers out of network the same as in network. I'm afraid the billed amount I will have to pay up front will exceed the amount allowed by medicare as doctors usually bill at much higher rate and then accept medicare amount as payment. I don't want to pay an amount higher that what the medicare amount should be. I would prefer the doctor bill Aetna and only bill me if Aetna does not pay.

My body was twisted and walking was extremely difficult when I first visited Dr. Choy. Other doctors thought the problem was my hip, but Dr. Choy was able to diagnose and treat my neurology which stemmed from Lyme's Disease that I had many years ago. Thanks to her acupuncture treatments and homeopathic medicine, I am no longer twisted and can walk with a minimum of pain albeit with a walker. Every step was piercing pain from the bottom of my foot up through the entire leg. I can not praise this doctor enough. She is kind and gentle and excellent at providing pain relief. I wholeheartedly recommend her to everyone.

Dr. Choy is very caring, excellent knowledge and background. She has helped me with extreme pain, made my breathing better and has brought back my sense of smell and taste. Wonderful doctor.

Horrible doctor! insensitive, rude, and uncaring

I would never recommend Dr. Choy. First of all, she prescribed me anti depressants within 5 minutes of our first visit and told me "well this is what the insurance companies like." Who says that to a patient? Mind you I am in my twenties. Secondly, I've had acupuncture many times all over the U.S. And Dr Choy was hands down the WORST I have ever had. Acupuncture does not hurt, like it hurt with her. You don't need to shove the needles in like you're about to draw blood - and that's exactly what she did, draw blood every time. I complained that it hurt me and she said "oops, you know my patients are all old so I think you're just more sensitive." No, you just don't know how to administer needles! I shouldn't have even wasted my time after the first session, because any doctor who automatically wants you on drugs without getting to know your symptoms should not be practicing. Not to mention, acupuncture should be relaxing but it's not with her. Aside from the pain of the needles she stuffed me in her copier room...ohh, how inviting! Her bedside manner is unbelievable. She told me I see life with the glass half empty and I'm a negative person and I should try and be happier. Guess what? I am SO happy I stopped going to you Dr Choy because you are downright rude, self absorbed, insensitive, and your touch is nothing short of a lions

Caring and compassionate

She really listens and is caring and compassionate. She was trained in NYC and it shows

The best doctor

Dr Choy is an excellent Dr. In my case she performed miracles, I am now completely pain free on my left side after months of agony. My allergies have also subsided. God Bless Dr.Choy

Dr. Choy is the first doctor that truly listens to what is bothering you. I went in with several different problem areas and she is helping to resolve all of them. And not in a rush to get me in and out of her office like others. On time and still makes time to listen to everything I have to say.

Amazing Physician

As a retired medical administrator in Monmouth County, I recognize a quality doctor. As a patient, I have first hand experience. Dr. Choy is much more than a great doctor, she is a true physician-healer. She has a top education from schools in the USA and has pursued learning and experience to the utmost, even studying acupuncture with the best in China! She asks the right questions and LISTENS. She formulated a personal plan of healing for each patient and regularly follows-up. She is wonderful and amazing!

Dr. choy is very ethical and caring.

Cured me of a lifetime of headache pain

After decades of suffering headache pain, Dr Choys vast knowledge of neurology and accupuncture has cured me. Those seeking a physician having vast experience, knowledge, and compassion would do well to visit Dr. Choy -- the very essence of a physician.

A REAL DOCTOR

I WENT TO SEE DOCTOR CHOY AFTER OTHER DOCTORS COULD NOT HEAL OR FIX MY ARM. SHE SAT WITH ME IN HER OFFICE ANY REALLY LISTENED AND WITH HER VAST KNOWLEDGE WAS ABLE TO DIAGNOSE MY PROBLEM. SHE ALSO HEALED ME AND TRUELY MADE A DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE. I WOULD OFTEN JOKE WITH HER AND TOLD HER SHE SHOULD WEAR A CAPE BECAUSE SHE IS A SUPERHERO. I WOULD RECOMMMEND ANYONE WHO HASN'T FOUND HELP OR RELIEF ANYWHERE ELSE TO JUST SIT IN HER WAITING ROOM AND LISTEN TO HER PATIENTS TELL THEIR TALES OF WOE AND HOW SHE TRUELY MADE A DIFFERENCE IN THEIR LIVES. SHE IS A DOCTOR WHO HEALS PEOPLE AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE ONLY FOUND IN FAIRY TALES.

Caring and knowledgeable

A doctor that listens! She is not only well trained in neurology but also was trained in acupuncture in China.

Dr. Maria Choy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Morganville, NJ.