Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maria B Cruse MD
Dr. Maria B Cruse has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Maria B Cruse has the following 14 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 2 of 2
She Over-medicates and is RUDE
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maria B Cruse - Posted on November 10th, 2015
Unfortunately, this Woman was my doctor for a few years! She made me so much worse and at one point she had me on 6 different psych meds...which landed me in a Psych Ward! (Thankfully that dr. took me off of 5 of the 6 meds) This woman has NO Compassion, Care or Concern for her patients. But she Surely thinks quite highly of herself. True Narcissist!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maria B Cruse - Posted on September 21st, 2015
28 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1991
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Maria B Cruse Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Maria B Cruse's office for more information.
604 N Acadia Rd Ste 201 Thibodaux, LA : (985) 493-9304
More about Dr. Maria B Cruse
Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Locations & DirectionsMARIA B CRUSE MD, 604 N Acadia Rd Ste 201, Thibodaux, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria B Cruse, MD - Psychiatry in Thibodaux, LA, in this video.
Dr. Maria B Cruse is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Thibodaux, LA.