Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria D Castro has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Waited an hour 45 minutes before even being called back, 2 hours before I could see doctor, for a scheduled appointment. Only available 1 day a week, sick bookings 3-4 weeks out, well ones 6 weeks out- unacceptable as far as sick booking wait time. Misdiagnosed a problem, as well although she at least had a good referral to a good specialist who correctly diagnosed and treated the problem. Means well, but overscheduled, as teaching, not practice, is her priority.
To me, Dr. Castro was rude and judgmental when she was subbing at Healthy Outloook. She did not listen to what I was saying because she had made up her mind before even asking questions. Her handshake was a wet as a noodle and her greeting insincere. She had an attitude and a manner that just made me want to get up and leave the exam room. I have never been so insulted and prejudged by someone who did not even know me.
Dr. Maria Castro is a very good Physician with a very bad female RN with the worst communciation skills. I have changed Physicians because of this BAD RN calling me and attempting to speak with a condescending manner I didn't allow. I refuse to allow anyone to pay their bills of my health who doesn't respect their patient. I didn't list the name of one of the two Nurses in the office because she didn't provide a name when she called. Monique is the receptionist and is the best. If you are able to request the male nurse you will be fine.
28 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Maria D Castro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAdelante Healthcare, 1705 W Main St, Mesa, AZ
Dr. Maria D Castro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.