Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria E Martins has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I thought Dr. Maria Martins was great--knowledgeable, patient, and easy to talk to. The problem was the horrible experiences I'd have to endure in scheduling an appointment with her in the first place. A mean-spirited and disgruntled woman named Hattie was Dr. Martin's appointment keeper through a call center. Hattie would tell me that Dr. Martins was booked, no matter what date and time I asked for. It was clear by how quickly Hattie would tell me that Dr. Martins was booked that Hattie wasn't even bothering to look at Dr. Martin's schedule. Hattie would also grunt on the phone and tell me that she was overworked, and then she'd tell me to go to another doctor in another hospital instead of Dr. Martins. To say that I found Hattie to be a badgering person who was fed up with her job and taking it out on the patient, is an understatement. However, since I liked Dr. Martins so much, I'd put up with Hattie's temper tantrums until she'd finally calm down and make my appointment. I told one of Dr. Martins's sonographers about my experiences with Hattie. The sonographer told me that I was one of many people to have complained about Hattie, yet there Hattie remained. I should have gone directly to Dr. Martins about this, but frankly I was too focused on my unborn child's health by the time I'd see Dr. Martins to worry about her badgering appointment scheduler. The sonographer gave me a tip that made all of the difference, though: she told me to avoid Hattie altogether by scheduling all appointments face-to-face with Dr. Martins's staff instead of calling the call center and having to endure Hattie's disgruntled behavior. I started doing that and never had a problem making face-to-face appointments with the ladies who work right outside of Dr. Martins's office.
30 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Maria E Martins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Wood Johnson Medical School, 125 Paterson St, New Brunswick, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria E Martins in this video.
Dr. Maria E Martins is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New Brunswick, NJ.