Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maria A Espinoza
Dr. Maria A Espinoza, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Espinoza is affiliated with Greater El Monte Community Hospital, Community Hospital Huntington Park and East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Maria A Espinoza has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Maria A Espinoza has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Maria A Espinoza has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I feel sorry that I decided to give her a shot even after noticing the 'stay away' rating. I am writing because nobody else wrote their stories. In my first visit, they ran a big list of what all tests I did in what year nurse was giving me judgemental look (I did not had to go to Dr. So what? N I never did my Annual). I was told that they do Annual check-up and when do I want to come? I ended up going to them because I was lazy to spend time filling insurance info with new Dr. Now both times I was handled by same Dr. She was nice. Nurse was nice too except for the one I mentioned above. I had fear of needles but Nurse and Dr. were patient and comforting. Couple things were found then and I got the prescription. My problem from first visit was not cured when I discussed with Dr.,she said my problem is something very common and there are no medicines try home remedy. As part of my physical I was put on one test and was asked to see again after two days. During this third visit, I was told my test is positive and they will write me referral for X-Ray. Then nurse told me Dr. Maria will see me (Dr that I saw in last two visit wasn't there) and asked to pay for my visit. I enquired why are you asking me to pay? So I was told that free work was done in last visit, and remember we told you that you need to pay in next visit. In this visit Dr. Is going to read you your report. I called my insurance and they consulted me that everything is covered. So I enquired again, why do they want me to pay to get the referral, isn't it part of test? Dr. Maria heard me and called to nurse I was speaking to, I heard nurse mentioned my ethnicity for some reason. Dr. Maria came out and said, you came in sick during your free visit, we took care of it and wrote you prescription, so this time you should pay. I put the $ bills back to my purse, N walked out. I will pay someone else who is not money hungry.
Dr. Espinoza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Escuela Autonoma De Ciencias Medicas De Centro America
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Maria A Espinoza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMaria A Espinoza Md, 2151 W 6th St, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Maria A Espinoza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.