Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria V Evangelista has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 21
I love the South Bend Clinic, and have never had a bad experience with any of the staff, doctors, or nurses there, except with Dr. Evangelista. She has consistently been dismissive of any concerns I have about my health, always rushes through appointments, and generally acts as if she doesn't care and doesn't want to be there. The first time I saw her, I was receiving my annual Pap smear and told her I thought I had a yeast infection due to increased discharge. She asked me if I was having any itching, and because I wasn't, she said it couldn't be a yeast infection and never bothered to check to see if there might be any other issue causing the change in discharge. I also told her that my previous gynecologist recommended I start having mammograms despite being younger than the recommended age because my sister died of breast cancer at the age of 36 less than a year after diagnosis. She told me she would not send me for a mammogram until the recommended age, or maybe 1 or 2 years before. Ended up seeing my primary care physician who agreed that it was time for me to start getting mammograms due to my family history. I'm now seeing Dr. Evangelista for pregnancy; she has not once asked me how I'm feeling, or if I have any questions or concerns. She basically just runs through her to-do list as quickly as possible, and has no personality or interest in her patients. Trying to make conversation with her is pointless. Horrible experience with her compared to my precious doctor who delivered my first two children. I will not be going back to see her.
This past weekend I gave birth to my daughter at Memorial. Dr. Evangelista was the dr on shift while we were there. This doctor was extremely rude and had the worst bedside manner of any doctor I've ever seen. When checking me for dilation, she was very rough and didn't bother explaining what she was doing. She went on to tell me how I was "hysterical" and needed to calm down. She also insisted that I get an epidural even after I told her I didn't intend on getting one. You do not want this dr.
Dr performed a procedure on me that was very personable at which during the procedure seemed to be in a hurry and in being so burned me with a cartarization tool during procedure 4 weeks later seen me for follow up then a week later dismissed me from her office therefore not being able to see any other obgyn at that location for a MISTAKE she made
28 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Maria V Evangelista accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe South Bend Clinic, 211 N Eddy St, South Bend, IN
Dr. Maria V Evangelista is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Bend, IN.