Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria D Fernandez Renedo has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Maria D Fernandez Renedo has the following 10 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 5 of 27
After reading what reviews Dr. Renedo had online seems like I dodged a bullet. Per the reviews she isn't someone I would trust my health with. I had been referred to the Doctor after being diagnosed with Lupus, along with hypertension, and high cholesterol. I waited almost two weeks to hear from her office about an appointment after my primary doctor sent over the referral. I finally called them and was told the doctor won't see me because all I had was abnormal blood results. I get to go to Stanford now which honestly I am ecstatic about!! Good luck with this one.
This doctor is a scatter brained, condescending, rude physician. I left her office so disappointed that I will never go back. Been there twice. Her personality was the same both times. As with most patients, I was hoping when I met her I would leave feeling good about my choice of doctors. Very disappointed in her manners. I have never experienced anything like this. She really has no personality. My hope is that she reads these reviews and realizes how she comes across to her patients. I don't hate her and would hope she makes changes in her personality. My thought is that she is miserable and doesn't realize how she comes across to her patients. Until that point (if ever) I recommend avoiding her if possible, otherwise, you will leave disappointed.
The wait time was 1.5 hours to be taken back to a room despite there being NO other patients in the office. Dr. Renedo called me the wrong name and pulled up the wrong chart. She is condescending and talks to patients like they are stupid or like all of their symptoms are in their head despite having my blood test results and ultrasound results proving there are cysts on my thyroid. I have 2 cysts on my thyroid and she is making me wait a WHOLE MONTH just to have a biopsy. She is terrible and her office staff agreed with me when I said so. Avoid her at all costs if you possibly can!
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Maria D Fernandez Renedo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKumar & Fernandez Renedo Mds, 750 W Olive Ave Ste 102, Merced, CA
Dr. Maria D Fernandez Renedo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Merced, CA.