Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maria R Flores
Dr. Maria R Flores, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orlando, FL. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Flores is affiliated with Orlando Regional South Seminole Hospital, Florida Hospital Waterman and Orlando Regional Medical Center. Dr. Flores has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Maria R Flores has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Flores saw me in consultation when I was in the hospital. She diagnosed me and I was completely astonished but in the year since I first saw her I have been treated successfully for a chronic condition. She keeps an eye on me which makes me feel secure. Her front office staff is just wonderful and the lab techs, nurses and infusion room team are top notch. I am impressed by the compassion as well as professionalism Dr. Flores exhibits. I recommend her highly.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Flores is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Lukes Regional Medical Center
Dr. Maria R Flores accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Orlando Downtown, 70 W Gore St Ste 100, Orlando, FL
Dr. Maria R Flores is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.