Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria G Cardenas has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
I am new to the El Paso area, and searching for a new physician, contacted your office to schedule an appointment. The lady who responded to my phone call was uprupt and not very helpful. Since both my mother and my sister have been patients of Dr. Zayas for 20 plus years, they referred me to your office. I explained this to the receptionist and she displayed no interest in assisting me or attempt to encourage me to become a new patient in your facility. All her replies where with, I don't know mam'. I did let her know that my impression of her was that she was rude. I then spoke my sister to confirm that indeed she does visit this facility and she conveninced me to call again. I did call again, I spoke to the same receptionist and I expressed to her that I would think as a paying customer she would treat those who are seeking services with more respect and consideration. I expressed how unfortunate for the doctor that her staff turns people aways in such a manner. She provide no response and when I asked her name, he hang up the receive. How unfortunate that propective patients are treated in such a manner by your staff. The only reason there are stars is because system does not allow 0!
Dr. Cardenas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1982
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Maria G Cardenas accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Maria G Cardenas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Paso, TX.