Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria T Gorgona has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
She's been my primary for several years. When it was a matter of using a stethoscope, asking a few questions and writing a script , she was fine. I've had other concerns which she always brushed off. However, my problems are getting worse, so last visit I insisted she actually LOOK at something. She freaked out, she had to leave the room. She went on and on about bacteria. The first word that came to my mind was "squeamish" I found myself wondering how she ever got through med school? Her reaction was an absolute "textbook" response for a phobic confronted with their fears. She's been faking it------cursory glances, then saying its okay or sending the patient to a lab. She will NOT confront an abnormality. I spoke to another patient who said the exact same thing. Very scary. I am considering a lawsuit---------
The receptionists are discourteous and have bad attitudes towards patients.Dr. Gorgona is rude and have a very unpleasant attitude towards me when I ask and complain about a problem. She wouldn't even see nor touch what I am complaining about. She would snap at me, and smile in an insultingly manner and just turn away like telling me "get out of here". All she does is check BP and pulse and heartbeats. I expect more from Internal Med Dr. considering I only have an annual visit with her.Same rudeness I experience with her male and female receptionists and tech attendant.
The man that checks you in is horrible! He is so very RUDE. I've been going to that office for about 4 years and every time I go and check in he is RUDE, unmotivated, moves so slow while he's walking around sipping on his Starbucks. He will be sitting at the front talking about other patients after they go in. He's very unprofessional and sloppy. Dr. Gorgona is rude as well. She doesn't give you that feeling like she understands. I feel like it's a burden for me going to see her because she is always rushing me. When I asks questions she snaps that answer like I'm a doctor and should understand her terms. I would NEVER recommend her to anyone!
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Maria T Gorgona accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMaria Theresita Gorgona Md, 580 W 5th St, Reno, NV
Dr. Maria T Gorgona is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.