Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria A Herrera has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Nerve Damage
- Chronic Pain
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Two hour wait each time I went, she spent under a minute with me, did not ask me if my pain was any worse or better, did not ask me if the medicine was working for me, did not go over the mri or catscan i just had previous to the appointment. And speaks Spanish the majority of the time in front of English patients. I would not recommend this doctor to anybody
Accompanied my daughter to see this doctor and was very pleasantly surprised. She has been through a long list of doctor and healers for her ailments but not one has stopped to listen like Dr. Herera. She was polite and attentive and , most importantly, provided a clear plan to getting my daughter better. The office is clean and modern and easy to get to (next to the central islip courts and The Ducks ballpark) and the staff was helpful and friendly. Good find!
Went to see Dr. Herrera because my internist suggested I see a specialist for my back pain. Called the office and got an appointment pretty quickly. I had no wait, even though the office was pretty crowded when i went in. She was very nice, listened to my complaints and was quick to offer possible sugestions. So far, everything we have done has worked and I am doing better than I have in years!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
Universidad De Navarra
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Maria A Herrera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNew York Physical Medicine Pc, 320 Carleton Ave Ste 7000, Central Islip, NY
Dr. Maria A Herrera is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Central Islip, NY.