Dr. Maria Valdes Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Maria Valdes?

Dangerous prescriber!

Posted on December 19th, 2016

Prescribed dangerous and physically dependent benzodiazapines and said they were safe and could be stopped at any time. Could have caused seizures or death if stopped abruptly. She lies. Very dangerous. Should not have a license.

BEWARE!

Posted on July 31st, 2015

We saw Dr. Valdes (and I use the title very loosely) for my son's ADHD after moving to a new area. After spending a whopping 2 minutes speaking to us and to him, she gave a prescription for a significant dose of a stimulant to, in her words, "shut him up." We explained that he has a significant heart history and his cardiologist wasn't comfortable with a stimulant. We explained this to her and she promptly replied that cardiologists need to stick to cardiology. Come to find out that the medication she gave us could have posed a significant risk to our son. Despite what other websites will show you, Dr. Valdes DOES have sanctions against her - I know because I am the one who opened a case against her in which she was found to be at fault. Needless to say, we are not seeing her anymore.

Great Dr

Posted on March 27th, 2015

She has been great with my 11 year old.

I wouldn't recommend her.

Posted on January 27th, 2015

She was the first Psychiatrist we have seen for our son. She kept us wait almost an hour after our appointment time. (I gave her chance... But every time that much of wait.) She didnt even look at my son who was in the same room. He had ADHD, so it was hard for him to sit still. She raised her vice to tell him to sit till, but of course over her shoulder. No eye contact with my son what so ever! I asked her if I needed to give him medication everyday (because Ive heard no I dont and yes I do to keep medication's level steady), she told me that I didnt have to give him med on weekends, but if I cannot handle my son, then I should give him med....... What a insult! I just asked because I didint know how the medication worked....... She gives not sympathy nor care to my kid... He is such a sweet kid. He goes up to strangers to say hi and try to give thm hugs sometims (I know it's bad) but he never says anything beside answering to her question. That the atmosphere and enviro,net she gives to her patient.

Worst experience

Posted on December 2nd, 2013

This place could not care less about their patients. I went in this past summer for some help with my depression. First off, the people at the front desk are flat out rude and unhelpful. It is almost impossible to get an appointment here and when you do finally manage to get one it will probably last about 10 minutes. The psychiatrist and therapist I saw were crazier than I am. They talked about their personal lives more than I did and I found it hard to get a word in. Dr. Valdez prescribed me meds within the first 5 minutes of meeting her and did not care about helping me find ways to cope with my issues just put me on the lifetime path of anti-depressants. I can firmly say that this place should be put out of business. I am very unsatisfied and will not be returning.

I cannot believe this person practices any type of medicine

Posted on September 18th, 2013

Went to a first appointment to see Dr. Valdes after a referral from my new doctor. I cannot express how horrible this person is. She started my appointment with "What's your problem?" Then, proceeded to ignore me and talk only to my wife. "Has he seen a psychiatrist before?" "When was he diagnosed". I said "I'm right here. Why are you talking about me like I'm not in the room". She continued anyway. At one point when I expressed amazement at her demeanor she huffed. I stood up and said "We're done" and left the office and the building. My wife and I are in shock that this person is practicing anything, expecially medicine and psychiatry. She has no skills with people and is, in fact extraordinarily rude, unprofessional, mean sounding and just horrible. I don't have the writing ability to fully convey just how aweful a person Dr. Valdes is, and how strongly I would encourage anyone to keep away from her. She is dangerous practicing medicine and psychiatry. I went for my mental health. This woman may need mental health herself.

RUDE and Arrogant Doctor!

Posted on October 24th, 2012

I not only do NOT recommend this doctor, I highly recommend you stay far away from her. She is unprofessional, crass, foul mouthed and treated my severely mentally ill child with harsh and irrational cruelty. She seems like she has some kind of chemical imbalance herself. She left us waiting over 45 minutes for an appt. We finally had to leave because I had another appt. somewhere else. I apologized to her that I had to reschedule but that i only had enough meds to get my son through 2 more days. She responded with ... "well I guess you should not have rescheduled" and slammed the door in my face. A professional would have at least said, "I am so sorry to have kept you waiting so long (at the least!).

Posted on May 19th, 2016